Your role is to support the evacuation and assist the PiC in accounting for and keeping our people safe.
Support the evacuation
- Ensure that everyone, including any visitors or contractors evacuates the building quickly and safely.
- Ensure any person with special needs is able to evacuate.
- Make a quick check of your area on the way out.
- Ensure people go to the correct and safe assembly point.
Assist in accounting for everyone
- Do not allow anyone to re-enter the building or leave the assembly point until it is confirmed that it is safe to do so.
- Report to the Person in Control (PiC) at the assembly point to advise/confirm the situation for your area.
- If a Work Area Manager (WAM) reports to you that someone is missing pass this information to the PiC.
Specific security procedures, such as the securing of assets, should only be performed if they can be done without placing people at risk.
If in doubt at any stage always call Central Postal Control (CPC)
Central Postal Control deals with issues on a regular basis and will be able to talk you through how to deal with any situation.