What to do if YOU have been evacuated
In the event YOU have been evacuated the following guidance may be useful.
If possible – and for most normal evacuations – you should report to the designated evacuation point and await the roll call. You should not leave the site unless instructed by your PiC or Emergency Services or if you feel it is unsafe to stay where you are.
If the Emergency Services instruct you to leave the site – due to a potential terrorist threat or similar – you must follow their instructions.
- If possible make your PiC or other colleagues aware that you have left site.
- If the advice is to go home, then you must do so immediately and attempt to contact your line manager.
- If possible and safe to do so you should consider attending your nearest Royal Mail site or designated office away from the incident.
- In the event of a large scale event further advice by the Police is likely to be conveyed by the media ( TV, Radio etc).
- If you are approached by the media you must refer them to the Royal Mail Press Office on 02072502468 (24×7).
- Once at home you should refer to MyRoyalMail.com for information.
- If it is not possible to return to your usual site you should report to the nearest Royal Mail site, keeping your line manager informed.
If in doubt at any stage always call Central Postal Control (CPC)
Central Postal Control deals with issues on a regular basis and will be able to talk you through how to deal with any situation.