ON SITE RESPONSE | INCIDENT SPECIFIC
This section gives advice on what action to take should you suspect asbestos has been identified and or disturbed.
- Suspected asbestos containing material – Discovered by RM staff or Contactor – Inform PiC Immediately.
- PiC to refer to site logbook which contains the current asbestos register and emergency advice.
- PiC to check – Do records indicate damaged material is asbestos ?
- If NO – PiC to report the general damage to P&FS helpdesk
- If YES – PiC to immediately contact P&FS Helpdesk for further advice and restrict access to the area of damaged material
- PiC to also contact Group SHE Advisor (by phone in operational hours or by email outside operational hours)
- If potential impact on the operation PiC/ P&FS to advise CPC
- If Suspected asbestos on an individual contact P&FS immediately for further advice and support
If in doubt at any stage always call Central Postal Control (CPC)
Central Postal Control deals with issues on a regular basis and will be able to talk you through how to deal with any situation.
0345 266 1060